· For those of you that don’t know, Formé Millinery has a hat window at The Drake Hotel at 140 E. Walton across from the florist in the main entrance. The window changes out every month, so please stop by. If you are interested in purchasing a hat from the window, please contact Formé Millinery – Remember all hats are One-of-a-kind!
· The Apparel Industry Board has teamed up again with the City of Chicago to open “Made In Chicago”, featuring Chicago Designers. Formé Millinery has retail space here and you can come and buy from the current hat collections. The address is 16 W. Grand Ave. Chicago, IL (next to Chipotle). Open Mon-Sat 10am-6pm and Sun 11am-5pm. Grand Opening celebration will be February 28th from 5-8pm. Please stop by to check out all the local designer collections.
· On February 24th, Jenny will be joining Gloria The Hat on the Red Carpet at the Hollywood Glamour in Chicago on Oscar Night at Sunny Side Up Café at 42 East Superior Street. Come join the fun and don’t forget your hat!
· Formé Millinery has created 3 hats for the Joffrey Ballet that will be worn in Alexei Kremnev’s “Carnival of the Animals” at the Harris Theater on March 10 at 4pm. http://www.harristheaterchicago.org/events/2012-2013-season/joffrey-ballet . Come see an exciting performance.
· Jenny has many hat making workshops coming up in May – August at TLD Gallery in Westmont, IL http://www.tlddesigns.com/. Sign up soon, space is limited!
· Once again, Jenny is a featured Milliner at the Derby and will be heading down to Kentucky March 25th – May 6th to make and sell her One-of-a-Kind Hats for the Oaks and Derby! Jenny is still scheduling appointments in Chicago for custom hats prior to leaving. Book now as space is limited.
· Formé Millinery is so excited to announce that we will be opening our 1st PERMANENT brick and mortar store in Louisville, KY at 558 S. 4th Street (SOFO)! We will be sharing space with the fabulous Melissa Willis who will be opening an additional location of Les Filles Louisville. “SOFO” is a new area that the city is gentrifying in-between the Seelbach Hotel and the Brown Hotel downtown. There will be many new exciting stores opening in this area. Please join us for the grand opening of the SOFO location that will be held April 10th.
· Jenny will be participating in many hat trunk shows during her time in Kentucky, such as the Keeneland Race Track, Churchill Downs Race Track, Equus Run Vineyards and Koi Gallery (Galt House) to name a few. To see an updated schedule of where Jenny will be, please visit our calendar http://www.formeonlineshop.com/events.htm?curmonth=03&curyear=2013 .
· Formé Millinery hats will also be sold in a number of stores in Louisville and Lexington Kentucky. For a complete list of stores that carry Formé Millinery hats, please visit our website http://www.formeonlineshop.com/pages/RetailersCarryingFormMillinery.htm . Remember, no two hats are the same! For the biggest collection of Formé Millinery hats, please come by the new Louisville, KY store at 558 S. 4th Street Louisville, KY 40202. Hours will be Mon – Sat 10am-6pm (hours may vary around Derby).
· Jenny is honored to have been selected as the Millinery Judge for the upcoming Millinery Competition (Project Runway Milliner Addition). We will be filming March 8th-10th in Lexington, KY. More to come on when the series will air.
· Jenny will be teaching hat making workshops at the new Louisville, KY store (558 S. 4th St.) during April. Please visit our website for additional information and to sign up http://www.formeonlineshop.com/events.htm?curmonth=04&curyear=2013 .
In New York:
· Some of you may know that Jenny is now a proud member of the Milliners Guild in New York. All of the Milliners will be showcasing 2 hats at the “Night and Day” event taking place at The National Arts Club http://www.nationalartsclub.org/ in New York March 11th at 7pm. Come meet all of the Milliners, including Jenny, and see the wonderful hats on display. The show can be viewed Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday from 9:00am – 5:00pm for free and is open to the public. For more information about the Milliners Guild visit www.millinersguild.org/ .
There are many more events in the works, so please check back to our calendar often. We appreciate all of your support and look forward to seeing you at upcoming hat events!
Couture Milliner of